During the 13th PBD Convention held on 8 January, 2015 in Gandhinagar, Hon’ble Prime Minister announced that Every year a Quiz competition called "Bharat Ko Jano” would be held online for young overseas Indians residing outside India.
2. In pursuance of this announcement, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) organized 1st edition of Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz for young overseas Indians (two categories i.e. PIOs and NRIs) of 18-35 years of age in 2015-16. Top 10 contestants in each category to participated in the Bharat Ko Janiye Yatra, a 15-day tour of India organized by the Ministry. The final round of the Quiz was held in New Delhi in the presence of EAM.
3. The second edition of 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz was held in 2018-19. A new category of Foreign Nationals (FNs) was created to participate in the quiz.
4. The quiz is conducted to motivate overseas Indian and foreign youth to enhance their knowledge about India. Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz is now open for 3 distinct categories of participants –FNs, PIO & NRI, between 18 to 35 years. Topics of the Quiz include – Indian Art, Indian Democracy, Economy, Geography, Personalities in Music and Dance, Science & Technology, Languages & Literature, Education, Tradition of Indian Crafts, Indian Cinema, and Renowned Personalities.
5. The entire quiz is organized in 4 rounds. The first 2 rounds of quiz, online in format, are executed by the Mission abroad. The third and fourth rounds are executed by the Ministry in New Delhi. Mission selects the top three participants in each category by conducting first round of quiz competition. The top three participants of the 1st round quiz from each category participate in the second round of quiz. Top 10 finalists of 2nd round are invited to participate in the third round (Semi final) and fourth round (Final round) in New Delhi. All participants, who are invited for onsite round attend the workshop in New Delhi and participate in the Bharat ko Janiye Yatra, a 15 day tour of India.
6. The top 3 winners were awarded medals (Gold, Silver and Bronze) by Hon’ble PM during the PBD Convention in January 2019.
Go to Top